“Feel the fear and do it anyways.”
Says our guest this week. She had been a successful hospitality manager until she decided to study psychology when she was two decades too old. That is, according to the norm.
Seven years later, after getting her degree and license, she walked away from the broken marriage, accepting her own Rock Bottom.
Meet Barbara Kiao, the therapist who practises what she preaches.
What you’ll hear:
- Can one really switch from hospitality to psychology?
- Is there such a thing as “too old to learn?”
- What does age have to do with… anything?
- What does a calling feel like?
- How to stop the stigma around counseling?
- What does a clinical counselor’s day-to-day practice look like?
- How does a psychology pro deal with crises and rock bottoms?
- And much more!
Links from the episode:
- Holy Divorce by Barbara Kiao
- Soul Shift by Dr. Barbara De Angelis
- TED Talk by Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids
- Psychological projection
- Stephen King
- Alice Springs
Listen and subscribe to Rock Bottom with YZ:
A weekly podcast for and about anyone and everyone who has spiraled downward and doesn’t know which end is up.
PS. Click here to see ways to help #RBYZ to grow.