And she’s back.
I still have a few pressing writing deadlines at my hand. But I’ve decided to log back onto the blog I’ve been turning to since around my major Rock Bottom last summer.
2019 may very well foresee my film career officially taking off. My first feature movie will premiere at the end of 2019 amongst other things. It all sounds surreal, but getting back to LA won’t be for too long after all.
For 2019, a few things will be my priority:
- Fear less. Worry less. We shall see how my Mrs. Bennet-esque poor nerves would serve me in 2019.
- Just do it. I think, strike that, I know I can. (My guilt pleasure is still to binge-watch Frasier whenever life or circumstances spit on me. I’m currently on Season 3 Episode 22…)
- Spend quality time with my parents. (I will take my folks to Japan for a week in the fall if I finish everythething I should finish by April*.)
- Be a friend indeed to my friends in need. (Say yes if I can help it.)
- Get up early. Exercise daily. Eat healthy. (Well, I just ordered a large pack of MyLikes, aka. Chinese Maltesers…)
After the months crawl out of the shitty place, all I can say is this:
The power lies right within us if we dare to summon it, tirelessly, lovingly.
Or as Sir Winston Churchill eloquently put it:
Never, never, never give up.
PS. Here is my first four months to-do list:
- Animation feature script – done
- Feature script polish – done
- Paper – first draft
- New feature script on spec – first draft
- New short script – first draft
- The class plans for the spring semester (I’m teaching two screenwriting classes at a Shanghai college)